russell brand

|



Russell Brand has posted a tribute to Amy Winehouse on his website, calling her a "genius".

Brand revealed that he had met Winehouse on various occasions in Camden, but his lack of musical knowledge meant he was "baffled" when the jazz singer received mainstream attention. However, he then saw her live and changed his mind.

Brand said: "Entering the space I saw Amy on stage with [Paul] Weller and his band; and then the awe. The awe that envelops when witnessing a genius. My ears, my mouth, my heart and mind all instantly opened. So now I knew. She wasn't just some hapless wannabe... she was a f**king genius."

He continued his message by saying that the media is "more interested in tragedy than talent" and calling for a rethink on the way addicts are treated.

Share/Bookmark